ABSN Program FAQs
You still may have more questions about what you need to begin Madonna University’s Accelerated BSN program in metro Detroit. Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about our ABSN program.
1. How do I find COVID updates?
Visit madonna.edu/coronavirus for the latest information on Madonna University’s response to COVID-19.
2. When are the ABSN start dates?
Our ABSN program offers three start dates per year – fall, winter, and summer.
3. What are the ABSN program admission requirements?
Students must either have a non-nursing bachelor degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or 60 credits with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Your previous college experience will also determine the number of ABSN prerequisites you may need to complete. Students must also:
- Complete an application to the university and submit all official transcripts of coursework.
- Submit a letter of intent to the College of Nursing and Health.
- Complete Madonna Writing Assessment and any required writing workshops, if you don’t have a previous bachelor’s degree.
- Pass the ATI TEAS with a score of 65% or greater.
- Complete a criminal background check.
4. Do I need to complete prerequisites before I apply to the ABSN program?
You can apply to the ABSN program with some prerequisites in progress; however, you must satisfy the prerequisite requirements before you can start the accelerated nursing program.
5. Can I work during the Accelerated BSN program?
The Accelerated BSN program requires a lot of time and energy and is considered a full-time job for many students. While it is understood some students may have to work during the program, it is not recommended.
6. How much does Madonna’s ABSN cost?
Our ABSN program tuition is $53,583. (Tuition does include textbooks, but does not account for any prerequisite or other required coursework.)
Contact us if you have more questions about Madonna University’s ABSN program.